Lunching at Apropoe's: Photo Recap + FIRST Ever Video - Sensible Stylista

Lunching at Apropoe's: Photo Recap + FIRST Ever Video

Stoked to tell you guys all about my latest nom adventure in Baltimore with the BF!  We recently hit up Apropoe's in Harbor East to try their new menu, and we were really impressed with all the dishes they sent out for us to try. We're long distance so we don't get to see each other very often, which means we end up splurging hardcore when we're together.  Our lunch here was definitely a memorable one, and that's saying a lot because we ate at a TON of nomtastic restaurants during his trip here!  Anywho, I'm beyond pumped to recap our meal AND share my very first food video with you all.


To start, executive sous chef Kiran Patnam sent out a beautiful salad that contained baby lettuce, sunflower sprouts, goat cheese, homemade pickled red onions, radishes, and kalamata olives.  The ingredients complemented each other beautifully, and I believe they grow the aforementioned sprouts here themselves!
Moving on to entree no. 1:  Cauliflower Ravioli with roasted eggplant, caramelized onion, and tomato coulis.  Holy freaking crap, this plate was TO DIE FOR good.  I can't even begin to tell you guys how much I loved eating this - it was, hands down, one of the BEST dishes I've ever had in my life.  Who the hell knew cauliflower could taste so good?  The texture was perfection - just the right amount of chewy - and the filling was magical.  
Next up, perfectly seasoned lamb with pea risotto in a mint parsley pesto sauce.  This was my second fave dish & my bf's fave!  I'm sorry if I sound like a broken record, but again, everything was brilliantly cooked.  The lamb was tender and super juicy, and the accompanying sauce was heavenly! The risotto was flavorful and cooked all dente (as it should be, mushy risotto is the WORST).
Main course 3 was chicken served with grilled asparagus, roasted garlic mash, and caramelized onion puree.  This was my least fave dish of the meal, but I don't mean that in a bad way!  It was still tasty, I just prefer the ravioli...over most things in life, ha.
Andddd last but not least, pan seared branzino seabass served with spring vegetable hash and artichokes in a lemon mustard sauce.  As you all know, I don't eat fish so I didn't get to sample this, but my bf told me it was exquisite.  If the quality was anywhere near the other plates I'd devoured, I have no doubt it was delish.  If you're a seafood lover, they also offer roasted atlantic salmon and jumbo lump crab cakes (!!!!)
No meal would be complete without dessert.  Although I only have shots of one, we got to try 2 different yums. The pineapple upside down cake (pictured below) will be presented with toasted coconut ice cream - they ran out so I didn't get to try!  However, the cake was very moist and just the right amount of sweet.  If you're a fan of fruity desserts, you'll love this nom, but the REAL star was the bitter sweet chocolate torte.

Oh man, you'll take a bite out of this baby and literally yell, "what the f*ck!"  It's THAT good, like I'm not messing around.  Topped with orange blossom mousse, this will blow you away!  I honestly could've done without the mousse - I'm basic so I would've rather had vanilla gelato with it - but it's straight up obscene either way.  I HIGHLY recommend it!
Oh, and I totally forgot to tell you guys about my drink:  the Sagamore Sour.  Made with 1.5 sag rye, 1 lemon, and1 simple syrup, the bartender will shake, shake, shakeeee it all together before straining it into a glass (clicky to see it all on video).  If you like whiskey, you'll definitely love this drank!
Alright guys, that's it for today!  I really hope you enjoyed reading about my latest nom adventure. Now, go grab your car keys and drive on over to Harbor East because you NEED to try my favorites at Apropoe's. The cauliflower ravioli and bittersweet chocolate torte will have you crying out for sweet jesus, and you'll probably die from a (very happy) foodgasm.  You're welcome in advance! Until next time, frands - bon appétit!

A huge thanks to Apropoe's for hosting us!

3 comments

  1. All of the food looks delicious! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All looks great. Will check it out when next in Baltimore. Liked the video a lot . . . very well done. Michael

    ReplyDelete