Best Burgers in the DMV: Red Apron Butcher FTW - Sensible Stylista

Best Burgers in the DMV: Red Apron Butcher FTW

If you haven't tried Red Apron Burger Bar yet, you're missing out for reals.  I've had some amazing burgers in my lifetime, but nothing's come close to the deliciousness of their grub.  I got to try several different noms there, and everything was on point.  Their location was cute and clean, but it had the vibe of a fast-food restaurant, which was totally fine with me, BUT I wanted to let you guys know! 
Anywho, let's start with the Standard.  The bf and I ordered the double patty with white american cheese, pickles, shaved onion, and their special sauce.  Oh, and before I go on with my post, I want to tell you guys about their beef offerings.  They support sustainable VA family farms (which is all kinds of awesomesauce) and sell two kinds:  black angus and ancient white park.  You can't go wrong with either so just toss a coin and get whatever.

BF and I also ordered a side of beef fat fries because you can't eat a burger without fries - it'd make zero sense, ha.  Andddd like everything here, these were freaking delicious.  Seasoned with roasted garlic and rosemary, they were obscene, and I mean that in the best way possible!  Definitely order a side of these when you come here.  I usually drown my fries in ketchup, but I passed because they were so yum without.
Onto the next sandwich: the Yardbird ($8.35), made with yogurt marinated chicken, pickles, whipped feta, harissa mayo, and lettuce.  This was by far my favorite!  The flavors were on POINT, and the chicken was hella moist.  I still have dreams about this baby!  I can't wait to go back and get this again.  I never knew a chicken sandwich could taste go freakin' good!
BF loved both of the aforementioned yums, but his favorite was the El Jefe ($8.75) pictured below. Made with a chorizo patty, smoked chimichurri, avocado, pickled red onion, and sour cream, he loved how tender and flavorful it all tasted.  I tried a bit myself and really enjoyed it - I would've had more, but I was already stuffed so I let him devour it.
God, DC is killing my diet.  How am I supposed to eat clean when there's all this amazing food? Sigh, I guess that just means I have to work out extra hard!  Oh, and I almost forgot to tell you guys, if you want to skip the bun, Red Apron can serve their noms on a bed of lettuce instead, AND they have a veg. option as well, which I'm dying to try.  They also sell wines + nomtastic cocktails in addition to soft serve if you're craving something sweet!  Happy eating, everyone.

A huge thanks to Red Apron Burger Bar for hosting us!

2 comments