Applying Mascara Perfectly: Tips and Tricks - Sensible Stylista

Applying Mascara Perfectly: Tips and Tricks

I was asked to participate in the #WalgreensMascaraDay campaign, sponsored by Revlon® at Walgreens.  Although I've been compensated, all opinions are my own.  

In honor of Revlon® Mascara Day on April 30, I've partnered up with Walgreens for my latest post. For today's blast, I'll be sharing my tips and tricks on how to apply mascara like a boss.  I'm currently obsessed with Revlon® everything so I'll be centering today's article around 5 of their mascaras: Revlon Dramatic Definition™ Mascara, Revlon Ultimate All-In-One™ Mascara, Revlon Volume + Length™ Magnified Mascara, Super Length™ Mascara, and Revlon Ultra Volume™ Mascara.
Before I get into my tips, I'd like to tell you a bit about each product so let's get to it.  We're going to start with the Revlon Dramatic Definition™ Mascara - this smooth, flexible product coats lashes for clump-free separation - use it for bold lashes that impress!  To use, simply place brush at the base of your lashes and pull through - the tapered tip helps you reach lashes in your inner corner and lower lash line. The Revlon Ultimate All-In-One™Mascara is totally innovative because it delivers 5 lash-transforming benefits: volume, length, definition, lift, and intense color.  The applicator's unique because the mini oval shape is designed to reach each and every lash.  
Revlon Super Length™ Mascara gives you, well, super length.  It's luscious formula glides on easily and builds quickly for a beautiful, extended lash look.  The brush stretches to deliver plush length, while the tip tapers to coat even the smallest of lashes!  Revlon Ultra Volume™ Mascara conditions while plumping, containing both short and long bristles to comb lashes and eliminate clumps. Andddd last but not least, Revlon Ultra + Length Magnified™ Mascara - this high shine black fiber formula provides serious volume and strength.  It has a Revlon Magnifying Lash Brush that's designed to anchor formula to lashes for intense volume!  
Each one works super well so don't ask me for the "best one."  I'm going to tell you right now that it all just depends on the look you're going for.  Now, without further ado, let's get to today's main event:  mascara application.  Firstly, always use primer.  Yes, you could skip this step and rely on falsies, but primers provide a base coat for your mascara and enhance your natural lashes - trust me, they'll up your makeup game tenfold.  Second, mix and match mascaras.  I don't know about you guys, but I'm all about personalization!  Don't be afraid to create your own mascara cocktail - my fave formula is Revlon Super Length™ Mascara + Revlon Ultra Volume™ Mascara.  What can I say? I'm a proud mascara mixologist! Now, if you're worried about clumping when layering, don't because it's an easy fix.  Take a toothpick and simply separate your lashes one by one.
A few extra things to keep in mind:  do NOT pump the wand in and out excessively because it won't do you any good - you're just going to dry it out faster by pushing air into the tube.  And remember to wipe off your brush before application to avoid clumps.  Also, if you're looking for killer volume, coat BOTH sides of your lashes.  Oh, and eyelash curlers are your best friends!  Hold it in place for a good 5 seconds to get optimal curl.
Looking to up your eyelash game?  Head on over to your local Walgreens stat - they're hooking you up with a special BOGO 50% off Revlon® Mascara deal for Mascara Day on April 30. 

Photos shot by Dennis Christians.

This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Revlon. The opinions and text are all mine.

1 comment

  1. I've been searching for a new mascara, so this post definitely came at the right time! Great tips and tricks. :)

    ReplyDelete