How-to Stay True to Yourself - Sensible Stylista

How-to Stay True to Yourself

As much as I enjoy fashion-forward attire, I will always love classic style.  I'm sure you guys know this already, but I personally enjoy keeping things simple, clean, and polished.  I'm not trying to make a big in-your-face statement on a day-to-day basis.  I mean, my blog's name is Sensible Stylista after all.  Runway pieces are totally gorgeous, but honestly, how many of us could (or would) actually wear them daily? 
Even if I could afford to deck myself out in high-fashion garb all day err day, I wouldn't because it's just not me. You don't need to purchase trendy new pieces each week and spend a fortune on your wardrobe to look good. What's "hot" in the fashion world may not necessarily work for you, and that's totally ok.  Who cares if "x" and "y" are trending?  Wear what you want and be hella confident about it all because at the end of the day, your happiness is most important.  Trust me, if you feel good, you'll look good.

If you're constantly seeking the approval of others, you may as well just ask to feel like sh*t all day long. You can't please everyone - it's just a fact of reality.  There's always going to be someone out there who's hating on you - your style, your looks, your accomplishments, whatever.  You can't control what they think or say about you, but you can control how they and their words affect your emotions.  Wear whatever you want, whenever you want. Embrace yourself fully, and don't ever apologize for being yourself.  And if people give you sh*t? Tell them to go eff off.  You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.  Life's too short to deal with BS!  End rant.
[Back to today's OOTD, ha] I centered today's look around my new lace-up top from Velvet Heart.  I paired it with high-waisted skinny jeans to mask potential muffin top and threw on my fave black duster to up my layering game. I accessorized with animal print boots and reflective sunnies courtesy of Freyrs.  If you're looking for cute but affordable eyewear, make sure to check them out!  I really like all their designs - I own a bunch of different pairs, and I find them all flattering.  Plus, they offer free US shipping so there's that. 

Top:  c/o Velvet Heart || Boots:  Nine West || Jacket:  Sosie || Jeans:  Bongo || Bag:  YSL || Sunglasses: c/o Freyrs
 Shot by the fabulous Sung Shin.

5 comments

  1. I love it! Thanks for sharing this message. It's so meaningful. Great post as always. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice look,good points,great rant :) Paul

    ReplyDelete
  3. Slaying in this look babe!!! You tell em' - tell them haters to eff off LOL. But yes, I definitely agree that people should dress how THEY want to dress and not what's trending these days. After all, confidence and comfort is the best kind of fashion ;)

    - Michelle Sun
    @missmisschelle
    www.missmisschelle.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. The second shot is a killer look - the jeans, the boots, the glasses. This is definitely my favorite of all your looks - natural, but with style, like you. Thanks for sharing this one. Michael

    ReplyDelete