New Year, New Lifestyle - Sensible Stylista

New Year, New Lifestyle

In an effort to get back in shape, I've decided to tackle Jillian Michaels' "30 Day Shred".  I was actually gonna do Insanity again, but since its been a while I'd rather ease into it. Plus, I wanna get back in the habit of working out in the early morn and the thought of HIIT at 6AM kinda makes me wanna vomit - at least for now.


I've heard good things about "30 Day Shred" so I'm excited!  I actually just completed Day 4.  There are three levels total, so I'll be spending ten days on each segment. I've decided to forego rest days for the time being.  I didn't have a chance to weigh myself before the program, so I did it on Day 2.  My starting weight is 114 lbs.  I'll be doing my weekly weigh-ins on Sundays from here on out.

I'll also be dieting diligently.  Eating clean has always been a challenge for me because I hate eating healthy food. I admit that my body feels great after eating a salad, but I will never, EVER, enjoy fruits or veggies.  When I lived in NYC a couple years back, I dieted hardcore - just to clarify, when I say "diet", I don't mean deprive myself of food - and worked out religiously.  I was in the best shape of my life.  I felt super fit and healthy.  I really wanna get back to that place, so I'll be eating clean all day er day.


I've always been an all-or-nothing kind of girl.   I either exercise excessively and eat crazy clean or watch a TV marathon while stuffing my face with chinese take-out.  My lack of consistency messes with my head, and the yo-yo dieting screws with my body.  Because I want these lifestyle changes to be permanent, I've come up with a new set of dieting guidelines for 2014:

1.  Beverages:  Unlimited coffee, tea, and milk.  Juice and diet soda in moderation.
2.  Up to two alcoholic drinks allowed weekly.
3.  One dessert & one cheat meal each week.
4.  No late night eating.
5.  Stay hydrated with lots of water.
6.  Have fish 2-3x each week and eat lean protein for every meal.
7.  Have at least 2 servings of fruit and veggies each day.

I think these rules are reasonable, but I'm curious on to hear what you guys think.  Are any of you planning to get fit in 2014?  What are some of your resolutions for the new year?  

6 comments

  1. It is good to do everything in moderation, step by step, otherwise you just get overwhelmed. Good luck!!
    Simona
    On/Off duty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I follow you on Instagram and absolutely adore your blog! These are all fantastic resolutions, especially the hydration one (it's one of mine as well) :)

    Be sure to check out my blog at www.pregamingwithcoffee.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm also starting to live a healthier life this year! good luck with your diet <3


    Love,
    Pudding Monster

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uiiii I try it every year... again and again...... and.... :)

    Greets from the DIE EDELFABRIK
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I def need to try to get into shape by summer. I say this all the time but I gotta do it!


    xo - Sheila
    www.sheislovelyblog.com
    Iconemesis iPhone case Giveaway on Instagram!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What great goals you have...check out the Friday Fitness Club! You win prizes. My two amigas are lacking before pictures..:(. Im a lone duck right now.

    http://leemuse.blogspot.com/2014/01/friday-fit-club_3.html

    xoxo, K. Lee
    leemuse.blogspot.com

    add me on bloglovin and GFC, i always follow back legitimate blogging sites! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete