Banana Republic: Haul Post and Review - Sensible Stylista

Banana Republic: Haul Post and Review

Alrighty guys, I gotta be real with ya'll.  I did a LOT of damage these last few weeks. After-Christmas sales are the BEST, and I definitely took advantage of all the incredible deals online and in-stores.  I stocked up on a lot of wardrobe must-haves, but I have no regrets.  I got a lot of amazing pieces for crazy low prices.  Anywho, for today's post I'll be reviewing items I got from Banana Republic.  I actually have to return 2 of the 4 things because I bought them online and there were issues with fittings.
1.  Colorblock Hacking Jacket (Originally $150, bought for $49.99) - I'm really happy with this purchase.  Although I'm a big fan of Banana Republic blazers, I'd never buy one for its full retail price.  WAY too expensive.  That's why I wait until big blowout sales like this ::grins::  Anywho, I'm excited to style this with a chambray top and skinny jeans.  
 2.  Dot Print Bow Skirt (Originally $59.99, bought for $41.99) -  I'm super bummed about this piece because it's SO CUTE but it just doesn't fit right.  I bought a size 0, but the waist was still too big.  Bizarre.  Returning this for sure.  BOO!
 3.  Plaid Blazer (Originally $150, bought for $59.99) - I'm obsessed with this plaid blazer. It's so cute, and it fits me like a glove.  A classic piece that I'll wear for YEARS to come!
4.  Heritage Silk Safari Blouse (originally $59.99, bought for $30) - This top looked so sleek and sophisticated when I was shopping online, but when I tried it on I looked like a scrubby janitor with the ugliest uniform EVER.  To be fair, I'm pretty sure it just looked bad on me.  The color seriously clashed with my skin tone.  Definitely returning this, haha.

I bought everything when BR was giving customers an extra 50% off on all sale items. Unfortunately that promotion is over, but they're still giving ya'll an extra 30% off online and in-stores (use code BRGOOD30) until 1/6.  

8 comments

  1. U got such good deals .. The tartan jacket is so cool
    I am inviting you to join my $15 SammyDress giveaway with 2 winners
    http://www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com/2014/01/sammydress-giveaway.html?m=0
    Keep in touch,
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the skirt!
    new post: http://fashionandpinkheart.blogspot.com/
    kisses,
    J.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice selection! Happy new year!!!

    http://inatrendytown.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loove the plaid blazer! Can't wait to see you styling it !:) Too bad you still need to return pieces though :( isn't it a lot of work to return them, especially online? Anyway, great finds though! xx

    Chic Nikkie

    ReplyDelete
  5. You scored some great deals! I especially love the blazers. All of them look so nice. I looked around in store but didnt have my list with me so I didnt buy anything. Next time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You scored some great deals! I especially love the blazers. All of them look so nice. I looked around in store but didnt have my list with me so I didnt buy anything. Next time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You scored some great deals! I especially love the blazers. All of them look so nice. I looked around in store but didnt have my list with me so I didnt buy anything. Next time!

    ReplyDelete