How-to: Scrub it with Sophistication - Sensible Stylista

How-to: Scrub it with Sophistication

For today's post, I've featured a super comfy yet stylish outfit!  My goal was to showcase a scrubby yet sophisticated look...and I should clarify, when I say "scrubby" I mean "feeling-too-lazy-to-look-cute", ha!  
Anywho, when I was an undergrad I used to live in hoodies and zip-ups.  Now don't get me wrong.  They're super comfy, and I'll still wear them out from time to time, but I think there are classier alternatives! Think boyfriend cardigans instead of oversized hoodies - 10x sexier and equally comfy. OH, and material makes a huge difference too.  Instead of sporting a graphic zip-up, try a luxe cashmere version.  I know, I know.  Cashmere is hella expensive.  No worries, there are affordable options available at stores like TJ Maxx and Marshalls.  
I bought these Vince skinnies a while back at TJ Maxx for a very reasonable price. I think they were $50 or so?  I wouldn't normally dole out that much cash for bottoms, but these pants somehow magically felt like jeggings.  To be honest, I'm not actually a very big pants person - I prefer dresses and skirts - but when I'm feelin' lazy, I don't wanna worry about sitting like a "lady" and all that BS soooo yeah.  TIP:  Try wearing jeggings with comfy sweaters/cardigans or cute leggings with oversized tops! Also, if you decide to go with the latter, please refrain from exposing your entire booty even if you have a badonkadonk like J. Lo, haha.  
Alrighty, now let's move on to shoes and accessories.  If you're sporting a "tame" look, throw on some statement jewelry to add personality.  The sole society piece I've featured above adds a trendy touch to my otherwise conservative ensemble.  I chose to wear heels, but there are plenty of cute yet comfy shoe options.  When I'm feelin' lazy, I throw on wedge sneakers or boots for maximum comfort.
Top:  Madewell
Necklace:  c/o Sole Society ($34.95)
Shoes:  BCBGMaxAzria - borrowed
Skinnies:  Vince via TJ Maxx - old 
Bag:  Vintage Coach - borrowed

20 comments

  1. The cardigan is amazing - and the necklace!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Greets from the EDELFABRIK
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the nude shades, especially the shoes and the bag !
    Sara,
    http://thecrimeofashion.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely look, the cardigan looks so cosy! I'm not really much of a hoody fan either, I only really sleep in them or wear them to do exercise (which is a rare occasion haha).

    Helen at Hels Yeah! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great outfit! Beautiful necklace!

    Happy new year!
    vgolove1.blogspot.ru

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a lovely look. The simple color palette makes it very chic!
    Xx
    Rhea
    www.fuss.co.in

    ReplyDelete
  6. love this outfit!!!
    gorgeous bag
    xx
    http://anoddgirl.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  7. that sweater is so pretty!
    XO,
    Ellen
    www.askawayblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. very winter chic! lovin the vintage bag as well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. awesome look and the cardigan does look comfy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. If thats how you scrub it up, I have a problem with that...haha. You look effortless yet damn couldnt tell if you were scrubbing it up. Boyfriend Cardigan is amazing! Love it!

    xoxo, K. Lee

    leemuse.blogspot.com
    Please follow via GFC and Bloglovin, if you havent already, Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the mix of warm neutrals in this outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello from Spain: great outfit. I like your shoes .. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a lovely outfit! I really like how it looks so comfy and chic as well! :)

    xoxo Saranda from Sarandipity

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are so funny, lol I love how you used scrubby to define feeling too lazy to look cute. :)

    - Christine
    Petite Hues

    ReplyDelete
  15. That purse of yours is gorgeous - the color is perfect! You look fabulous in creams and I'm loving the cardigan. Very chic! Your necklace is a great touch too. You definitely look ready for the new year!
    <3
    katsfashionfix.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute yet professional! Nice one K! :)
    www.frommyperspectivefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete