Exploring Baltimore's American Visionary Art Museum - Sensible Stylista

Exploring Baltimore's American Visionary Art Museum

Pumped to tell you guys all about my latest adventure in B-more with Flow Zen.  Robby and I checked out the American Visionary Art Museum last week, and we're so glad we did!  It was a blast, and I was beyond impressed with the artwork and installations!  It was seriously one of the coolest museums I had ever been to.  Now, I hate copy and pasting, but I NEED to share this blurb with you guys - jacked from their site:

"The AVAM seeks to build upon the ancient Native American Vision Quest, and other similar self-revelatory journeys undertaken by visionaries in different times, cultures, and places.  We seek to draw attention to America's history as a mecca for forward-looking innovators, optimists, dreamers and doers - highlighting the sense that America is at her best when she actively remembers that many of her greatest citizens were very much self-taught, self-made pioneers."  Don't you just LOVE that?
Anywho, we started our adventure with a fab lunch at Encantada.  Located on the third floor of AVAM, this restaurant was truly exceptional.  Not only were their flavors out of this world, they were presented beautifully as well.  These culinary masterpieces were almost too pretty to eat! Click to see my recap in its entirety here.
After noms, Robby and I spent a good 2-3 hours exploring.  There was just SO much to see!  We started with the main building because we were already there - it housed three killer exhibits: YUMMM! The History, Fantasy, and Future of Food, Matt Sesow: Shock and Awe, and their updated permanent collection located on the 1st + 2nd floors.  I won't spoil anything for you guys, BUT I do want to share my favorite captures from the day.
Then, we walked over to the Jim Rouse Visionary Center and checked out pieces there! 
Anddd I couldn't resist sharing a snap of their shop, Sideshow!  Hands down, one of the COOLEST museum stores I've ever been to.  I seriously wanted to buy everything there - it all felt like such a throwback, and I mean that in the best way possible.  Original art, cool books, baller jewelry and accessories, you name it!  They have everything your heart could possibly desire, and the vibe reflects the spirit of the museum beautifully.
If you haven't checked out AVAM yet, you're really missing out.  Do yourself a solid and head on over stat for a fun day with friends or a SO.  They're open from 10-6 PM Tuesdays through Sundays and tickets are $15.95 per person.  If you're a student, remember to bring your ID to get a discount! Have any of you guys visited AVAM? If yes, what did you think? 

4 comments

  1. Lovely photos darling!
    xx

    http://flashforwards.blogspot.hk/2017/02/bright-pink-in-suzhou.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. AVAM looks amazing! All of the visuals are colorful and eye-catching. I hope to visit AVAM some day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks really interesting. Will try to check it out, maybe combine it with a visit to Fort McHenry, which is nearby and I haven't visited. And that restaurant sounds like a must. Thanks for sharing this outing. Cheers, Michael

    ReplyDelete
  4. Waaw,.. very creative,.. nice post,..

    ReplyDelete